Skip to content

Check Six: The Cannon Club

December 10, 2015

From the Images of Old Hawaii website

The Cannon Club

click on photograph to enlarge

Cannon Club was part of the Fort Ruger Military Reservation. It operated from 1945 through 1997. There were many National Guard cocktail parties and dinners held at the Cannon Club over the years. It had the best view of the coast from Waikiki to Ewa at sunset.

Quoting from the article, “It wasn’t the fanciest place on the island, but it was the sort of old-style officers’ club that crisply preserved the illusion that each guest there, for the evening at least, was important and deserved some extra attention.”

Read more about the Cannon Club

Read the Star Bulletin article about the Cannon Club closing

From → History

Comments are closed.