Skip to content

DoD issues new guidance for veterans seeking discharge upgrades, military record corrections

January 5, 2017

military-recordsThe Defense Department announced last Friday a renewed effort to ensure veterans know how to request a review of their service records.

“The department encourages all veterans who believe they have experienced an error or injustice to request relief from their service’s Board for Correction of Military/Naval Records (BCM/NR) or Discharge Review Board (DRB),” the announcement reads.

Over the years, the Defense Department has released guidance related to discharges stemming from PTSD and the now-repealed “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy.

Continue reading

From → Benefits

Comments are closed.