Skip to content

Check Six: 109 AC&WS – 60+ years ago

March 8, 2018

click on photograph to enlarge

This 1950s photograph show old military hutments at the base of Koko Head. Back in the 1950s, it was the home of the 109th Aircraft Control & Warning Squadron. The radar was at the top of the crater and personnel and equipment were ferried up and the down on a cable car. (More on the cable car in a future post.) The 109 AC&WS left around 1958.

Some older retirees say the hutments were later used by the Hawaii Army National Guard, but that is unconfirmed.

From → History

Comments are closed.