Skip to content

DoD to Announce New Base Security Measures Worldwide in Wake of Pensacola Shooting

January 18, 2020

From the Military.com website

U.S. Air Force photograph

Defense Secretary Mark Esper will head to Naval Air Station Pensacola next week to meet with base leadership and the first responders who provided aid in the wake of a deadly mass shooting last month, Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman said Thursday.

While there, Hoffman said, Esper will provide air station leadership with a preview of new security measures being developed to prevent future incidents — measures that include physical installation security improvements as well as the enhanced vetting protocols that have been previously announced.

Continue reading

From → History

Comments are closed.