Skip to content

What to know about blood plasma

September 4, 2021

From the Medical News Today website

Plasma is the largest single component of blood. It mostly consists of water, but also contains vital proteins and other substances that are essential for the correct functioning of blood.

Scientists can separate blood into four main components:

– plasma

– red blood cells

white blood cells

– platelets

Roughly 55% of blood is plasma, with the other three components making up the other 45%. As plasma is the liquid portion of blood, it plays a vital role in many bodily systems as it facilitates the transportation of important substances around the body.

In this article, we discuss the functions of plasma, how it keeps the body healthy, and the importance of donating plasma.

From → Health & Safety

Comments are closed.