Skip to content

Check Six: F-47 Thunderbolt Off Diamond Head

October 12, 2017

click on photograph to enlarge

This photograph shows a F-47N Thunderbolt off Diamond Head. The photograph is undated but the 199th Fighter Squadron flew F-47N “Jugs” from 1946 through 1954.

The squadron was extended federal recognition on November 4, 1946. They were initially based at Bellows Field in Waimanalo. The unit relocated to Hickam Field on October 28, 1947. They operated from Area 35 until February 17, 1962 when they moved to the 154th Wing’s current location.

From → History

Comments are closed.