Skip to content

What to Do When a Family Member Needs a Guardian

January 29, 2022

From the Kiplinger website

When someone is legally deemed incapable of managing their own affairs and hasn’t named a financial power of attorney to do it for them, a guardian or conservator may be needed, and a family member may be appointed to the job. Guardians are usually responsible for personal affairs whereas a conservator is generally limited to financial matters. The terms, which can vary by state, are often used interchangeably because in many jurisdictions the same person fills both roles.

Learn more

From → Finance

Comments are closed.